Senior Pressure Systems Inspector
Axiom Engineering Associates is a rapidly growing Mechanical, Materials and Inspection company. We provide a range of services to the process, oil & gas and power generation sectors. To strengthen our team we are looking for a pressure systems inspector with a minimum of ten years’ experience.
- Ideally a UKAS RG2 category 2, 3 or 4a inspector with extensive experience in pressure vessels and piping systems. Tank inspection experience would be an advantage.
- A formal qualification such as API 510, 570, 653 or EEMUA 159 would be an advantage.
- Site auditing experience would be an advantage.
- NDT qualifications in any of UT, ECI, MPI, DPI would be beneficial but not required.
The role is primarily a quality and training/mentoring role as follows:
- Primarily ensure that the quality of work being carried out by the inspection team meets the requirements of our quality management system.
- Develop and certify focused Written Schemes of Examination.
- Review and approve inspection reports before they are issued to the client.
- Provide both clients and more junior members of the team guidance for repairs or modifications to ensure that statutory and engineering standards can be met.
- Mentoring and training junior staff to ensure the ongoing competency of the business.
- Carry out on site audits of inspection personnel.
- Carry out or be involved in the organisation’s yearly internal audit
- Be involved in the inspection body’s Management Reviews to ensure the ongoing effectiveness of the organisation.
- Provide in-service inspection of processequipment within the scope of our UKAS accreditation although this will be a minor part of the role.
- Examine repairs and modifications although this will be a minor part of the role.
This is a staff or contract position based mostly in the Teesside area and North East England though some travel is likely.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
We offer a cross section of services to our clients. You can also be involved with failure analysis, corrosion testing and advice on how our clients can manage their equipment more effectively. We encourage our employees to get involved in aspects of the business they might be interested in.
Since our inception we have achieved high staff retention rates by offering excellent working conditions with a philosophy of investing in training and our staff.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, generous holiday allowance and contributory pension scheme.
We are looking for capable and enthusiastic individuals who would like to join a fast growing and ambitious company where their contribution is appreciated and valued.
If you are interested please contact Axiom with an up to date CV
Axiom is an equal opportunities employer.