If you are encountering problems with your in service process equipment, then the options are simple – repair, retire, replace or carry on!! The key to future productivity and profitability of your plant is making the right decisions at the right times.
Through our combined Materials and Mechanical engineering expertise, Axiom Engineering Associates are able to use advanced computational analysis and technical assessments in order to help you predict the future life and performance of key assets. The five step program we employ includes:
- Understanding the problem. Applying our knowledge of material behaviour and the effect of deterioration mechanisms under current and predicted future running conditions.
- Accurate asset modelling – through detailed inspection and testing, we can establish the detailed geometry (thickness, consistency) of an asset, and identify any weak spots.
- Simulation – using computational analysis, such as finite element analysis (FEA), we can simulate the asset response under different conditions of temperature, pressures, loading and others as appropriate.
- Post processing – building a picture of residual life and/or structural integrity through techniques such as creep life assessment, fracture mechanics and stress analysis.
- Reporting – this will clearly present the condition, integrity and life expectancy of any assets.
Through such techniques and analysis, we have helped numerous clients extend the life of their plant, postponing or even avoiding costly reinvestment in capital equipment.
When conducting such fitness for purpose work, we strictly conform to recognised international standards, such as BS7910 and API RP 579.
In summary, our focus is to help clients get the most out of their assets, whether storage tanks, pressure vessels, pipelines, pumps and rotating equipment or any other structural or process components. Our support improves the productivity of plants, the capacity of processing lines and the working life of assets. If this is of interest, then contact the team now.
Specific technical information on services available as listed below:
- Pressure Vessel Engineering Capabilities – a document to introduce our design, modification and consultancy services, using global standards and regulations (such as PD5500, ASME VIII) as well as the pressurised equipment directive,
- Fitness for Purpose Capabilities – an area of expertise with huge potential benefits for clients – using these assessments to enable asset utilisation to be extended beyond its original design life.
- Piping Engineering Capabilities – assisting in the design, failure investigation and fitness for purpose assessments of pipeline systems.